lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] wiki page Porting for an OS for 1.4.0

From: Martin Velek
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] wiki page Porting for an OS for 1.4.0
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 08:43:12 +0200

Hi,
thank you for the porting guide. Could I point a misunderstanding?

In a sentence in the section "Final declarations for sys_arch.h" there
is stated "sys_sem_t, sys_mbox_t, sys_thread_t all refer to pointers
to the appropriate types, whether native OS versions or wrappers used
to make them conform to what lwIP expects".

However I think that "sys_sem_t, sys_mbox_t, sys_thread_t" are
typedefs to the appropriate types, not pointers (in a C way). I am
quite sure of this because I am using a FreeRTOS wrapper that uses a
map - int(handle) <=> pointer(semaphore) and e.g. my sys_sem_t is a
typedef to int.

I have just finished upgrading to 1.4.0 and I would like to add some
ideas to the document if you allow. I am not a native speaker so that
a proofreading would be appropriate.

Regards
Martin

P.S.
I have already corrected the functions prototypes to take a pointer to
sys_mbox_t in the section Mailboxes .