lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] problem with the DNS functions

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] problem with the DNS functions
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:22:18 +0100

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 17:11 +0200, toto.conseil wrote:

> Without delay, the program execute dns_init and it remains in the file
> "task.c".
> With a delay inferior at 10sec, the program doesn't evolve.
> I set this delay for to have the time to execute dns_init.
>
> I find strange to have a delay here and especially superior at 10sec.

I agree it is strange and can see no reason why a delay should change
the behaviour.  dns_init() is not doing anything asynchronous, so when
it returns everything is complete and ready to go.

You mention a file "task.c".  This isn't part of the lwIP distribution.
I wonder if the bug is in that code.

Kieran