lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPP driver from lwIP

From: narke
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPP driver from lwIP
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 20:12:19 +0800

Hi Yoav,

Thanks for the answer,  I put some comment inside your replies.
Please have a look at them.

On 5 May 2011 19:33, Yoav Nissim <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have used lwIP's PPP but am not sure what you mean by "PPP driver from
> lwIP".

I will be using PPP over serial, and the serial line is connected to a
GPRS modem.  I am in a NO_SYS environment, i.e., embedded system
without OS.

> Do you need to use PPP-over-serial or PPP-over-Ethernet?
>

> I used PPPoS for which I had to:
>
> 1. implement the serial IO interface defined in sio.h (see reference
> implementations in contrib module)
>
> 2. use the PPP APIs defined in ppp.h to establish, manage, and terminate
> a PPP link.

Beside the PPP APIs, do you actually use the implementaion (.c files
in netif/ppp directory)?

> Take into consideration that:
>
> 1. as of lwIP 1.4.0 rc1, the APIs in ppp.h are not protected, i.e they
> should be called from the tcpip thread context.

I think this only matters for NO_SYS == false case. right?

> 2. IMO, not all the APIs in ppp.h are actually public....

What does this mean?