lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] how to fix an IP address with DHCP while being recogniz

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] how to fix an IP address with DHCP while being recognized with the routers?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 17:53:20 -0400

I used functions netif_set_ipaddr, netif_set_up, and dhcp_inform if I am
setting a static IP address in my lwIP device and had DHCP compiled in but not
started up.

If I already had a DHCP IP address and was changing to static IP, then I used
dhcp_stop, netif_set_down, netif_set_addr and netif_set_up.

That's not to say this is necessarily the correct procedure, but in testing
this worked well for me.

Bill