lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] tcp_write() errors on snd_queuelen

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] tcp_write() errors on snd_queuelen
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:42:47 +0100

Tim Lambrix <address@hidden> wrote:
> However, at line 3765, the tcp
> receive interrupt went off during a tcp_write (tcp_enqueue).

That statement makes me nervous as lwIP's concurrency model does not allow the
core stack to be called from different threads, which includes almost
everything except the mem(p)_*(), pbuf_*() and sys_*() functions (apart from
the netconn- and socket API functions).

If your driver (ISR- or receive-thread) directly calls into the stack, that's a
very good explanation of the error you see (and I think I remember Kieran had
also already suspected something like this).

> I am using a TI Cortex-M3
> Stellaris port of the lwip code. If you think it is a porting issue, I can try
> to explain this TI?

Is this an old version of the port? I think I remember them having a problem of
that sort somewhere in an older port, but I'm not sure...

Simon