lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip_recvfrom returning ERR_CLSD

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip_recvfrom returning ERR_CLSD
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:47:49 +0000

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 15:09 -0800, Prashant R wrote:

> I find that during SSL handshake with the server , I am able to send
> the
> initial "Client Hello" request .
>
> However the subsequent socket read operation fails in lwip_recvfrom .

The error is returned by the internal call to netconn_recv(), and the
most obvious reason is that the socket is already closed (either by you
or the other end) when you call lwip_recvfrom().

However, lwip_recvfrom() is I would think used much less than the
standard lwip_recv() so it wouldn't surprise me if there was some aspect
of the lwip_recvfrom() API that we're not handling correctly,
particularly is this is an unconnected socket for example.  Can you give
more details about the whole sequence of calls made on this socket that
result in the error.  (i.e. everything you do from the initial call to
lwip_socket())

Kieran