lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: ARP not working

From: Bernard Mentink
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: ARP not working
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 08:12:32 +1300

Hi Simon,

Yes, I am using DMA. Can you please elaborate on how to invalidate the cache lines, I havn't had much to do with dma to date ..

Many Thanks,
Bernie

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

Bernard Mentink <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have found that by putting a breakpoint in the etharp_input function,
> that
> the PC will get an ARP reply, so it looks like some weid
> timing of buffering issue maybe ..

That rather looks like a cache issue. Do you have a DMA-enabled MAC? If so, did you correctly invalidate the cache lines for the addresses to/from which you received/send data (usually the memory pointed to by p->payload)?

Simon