lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Sending UDP data beyond MTU size

From: Timmy Brolin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Sending UDP data beyond MTU size
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 23:03:39 +0100

I do work with another popular BSD based commercial embedded TCP/IP stack.
In a certain specialty industrial protocol there is a requirement to
reduce the Ethernet MTU for TCP/IP traffic. But when I implemented this,
the TCP/IP stack did not work very well. Turned out that the
fragmentation code in the TCP/IP stack was broken. No one had ever
noticed, since the TCP MSS and maximum outgoing UDP frame size was set
to match the standard Ethernet MTU by default, so the fragmentation code
was never used in practice.

Regards,
Timmy Brolin