lwip-users

[lwip-users] Deciphering WireShark #2

From: davidm
Subject: [lwip-users] Deciphering WireShark #2
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 18:54:18 +1100

This is a response to a response of an earlier email titled "Deciphering WireShark".

For whatever reason my attempts to follow on from Kieran Mansley's reply
got tangled up (by me).
------- >In that case could something be overwriting a buffer that is already in >use? Hoot mon, hoot - that was it! The ZG2100 is an SPI connected module where the TX mechanism is to first SPI out the packet after which the ZG2100 will generate an interrupt signaling either ACK or NACK. Therefore, before a packet is to be sent one must firstly check if the previous packet is awaiting transfer to the ZG2100 or if the previous packet has been transferred and is awaiting an ACK. The manner in which I was doing this was... while ( IsQueued && IsPendingAck ) { wait... } ... but with...
  while ( IsQueued || IsPendingAck )
  {
     wait...
  }

... all goes well.

Thanks goes to Kieran Mansley for taking the time and effort to respond
and for his well conveyed diagnostics.