lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Last call for 1.4.0rc1 issues

From: Paul Archer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Last call for 1.4.0rc1 issues
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:32:43 +1100

> I will try to find out what I need to reproduce this with a few more
> test cases and find out how to reproduce it everytime. I'll have to
> wait until Monday in Australia comes around though, as its a project
> at work.

So I have managed to come back around to this issue, and solve the
issue as well.

I had a bug in my sys_arch.c which I got from
http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Available_device_drivers at
http://developers.stf12.net/just-another-eclipse-demo-str91x

The bug was in
u32_t sys_arch_mbox_tryfetch(sys_mbox_t *mbox, void **msg)

Which was calling xQueueSend() instead of xQueueReceive().
This meant that lwIP thought that there were extra
pbuf's hanging around when trying to close a socket,
and thus was trying to free them. This was causing a free on
an invalid pbuf, and hence causing the memory corruption.

Once I fixed this bug, I can open & close UDP sockets.

I have no blockers on 1.4 any more.

--
----
Regards