lwip-users

[lwip-users] Deciphering WireShark

From: davidm
Subject: [lwip-users] Deciphering WireShark
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:30:38 +1100

lwIP has been reliable in Telnet like applications where short messages are exchanged, but now turning my attention to have a web server up and running I have run into an issue with delivering web pages.

The system is lwIP 1.3.2, raw API, NOSYS=1, single thread, httpd_raw demo, ZG2100 MAC/PHY, EKT-LM3S6965, chrome browser.

lwipopts.h has default settings except for TCP_SND_BUF =  (4*TCP_MSS)

I have separately compiled versions with debugging for TCP_DEBUG, then PBUF_DEBUG and then IP_REASS_DEBUG. Nothing out of the ordinary could I see.

The attached WireShark capture shows some oddity at the first HTTP GET request and while a page is eventually delivered there are a number of stumbles which lengthens the delivery time. I am hoping for a few pointers to at least understand what is happening.

regards,

davidm