lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users]Hostname for DHCP - where is it specified?

From: Paul Archer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users]Hostname for DHCP - where is it specified?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 00:29:25 +1100

> After working on some other things, I come back to this issue.
>
> I feel that something is not as it should be with my lwip. I can find
> nowhere in the h-files a function netif_set_hostname. I find the parameter
> LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME, but it is undefined. On the other hand, there is a
> parameter CYGIMP_LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME in net_lwip.h (and I defined it in
> config as 1). However, as far as I can see, this parameter is used nowhere.
> I am tempted to assume, that there is a naming problem - two names for
> something that should be uniquely named?

Have a look in the file src/include/lwip/netif.h:

It contains:
#if LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME
#define netif_set_hostname(netif, name) do { if((netif) != NULL) {
(netif)->hostname = name; }}while(0)
#endif /* LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME */

hence in your lwipopts.h you need to
#define  LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME 1

And call the macro somewhere in your code after and interface is created.

> I am working with ecos, but I am not sure which version of lwip it includes.
> The last checkout (ecos)I did was sometimes this spring..... Prior to
> delving into further details: What is your opinion about this?
there may be a file called CHANGELOG lying around which will tell you
the version of lwip your using.