lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Help on porting LWIP

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Help on porting LWIP
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:24:56 +0000

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 03:19 -0800, André wrote:
> In time of writting, my compiler seems not to support packed attribute
> yet. Is it vital to use it on that packed structures or it is just for
> compacting the code?

It is vital that the structures that are marked packed do not have any
padding inserted between the fields.  Some compilers do this to give
fields improved alignment.  If your compiler does not support packed
structures (it may support them, just using a different syntax to gcc)
then you must also make sure that it does not insert padding into
structures (i.e. it effectively packs everything).

Kieran