lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Initialization of global variables

From: Piotr Piwko
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Initialization of global variables
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 15:54:00 +0100

2010/11/6 Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden>:
>> All right, so maybe it should be done in the relevant initialization
>> routines, tcp_init(), udp_init() and so on?
>
> That increases code size unnecessarily, too.

Are these few bytes really important? I'm not the LwIP developer and I
don't know every principles and assumptions of project, but I believe
that it will be very useful. You can always add a new definition like
LWIP_GLOBAL_INITIALIZE in lwipopts.h file and according its value you
can initialize the global variables in the relevant module
initialization functions.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/