lwip-users

[lwip-users] Set aside a small UDP buffer?

From: Chen
Subject: [lwip-users] Set aside a small UDP buffer?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:22:57 -0400

Hi all,

I have an application that needs to direct most CPU resource to TCP and UDP1 communication but still need a minimum UDP2, the CPU only checks the UDP2 port whenever it has time

Since I have limited memory in my configuration, I would like to have a very small UDP2 buffer, say 100 bytes, which is plenty for my protocol, any bigger UDP packet will be dropped, and if the CPU doesn't have time, new packet simply overwrites the old one.

How can I allocate such a small buffer for UDP2?

Thanks for any pointer!

Chen