lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP reconnect issue

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP reconnect issue
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 06:58:47 +0200

I could imagine that the rebooted device uses the same TCP port as the connection that was active when the device died before. Then, the server would regard the new SYN packets as duplicates and reject them. Using wireshark, you be able to see if that's the case.

Simon

 farid mahini <address@hidden> wrote:

I have created a TCP server (lwIP 1.3.0)  using socket APIs that allows only one client connection at a time.  Most of the time, I can connect, disconnect and reconnect with any problems. However sometimes after unclean disconnects (either client app is stopped or crashes), I am not able to reconnect to the TCP server. Cycling server power does not help. The ping does indicate the unit is up and configured.  If I change the server address and reboot, I can connect to teh new address. I recall it takes awhile for Windows to release an orphaned connection, but I can not connect to that server from any computer. Any ideas on what could be happening?