lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] get dynamic ip on lwip-1.4.0.rc1

From: PHAM ANH THIEN
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] get dynamic ip on lwip-1.4.0.rc1
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:22:28 +0700

hi Kieran,

In function msvc_netif_init of contrib/ports/win32/test.c, it does:

netif_set_default(netif_add(&netif, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, NULL, pcapif_init, tcpip_input));
dhcp_set_struct(&netif, &netif_dhcp);
dhcp_start(&netif);
netif_set_up(&netif);

is it correct way to get dynamic ip address as you mention?

I try but it only does one udp_send in dhcp_discover then finish, i think it have to do until get DHCP_ACK status this mean need to retry dhcp_discover which is called by dhcp timeout handler. is my thinking correct?

Please advise.

thanks,
Thien

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 21:54 +0700, PHAM ANH THIEN wrote:
> Dear Simon,
>
> Thanks for your quickly reply.
>
> I could not find a well sample dhcp source code on lwip-1.4.0.rc1 and
> contribute folder, could you please to point me where it is?

Searching through the contrib folder for "dhcp_start" shows
contrib/ports/win32/test.c as a possibility.

Kieran