lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Flags in socket interface

From: Christian Steffen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Flags in socket interface
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:25:57 +0200

Am 14.10.2010 11:05, schrieb Kieran Mansley:
On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 11:11 +0200, Christian Steffen wrote:
I am a little bit confused about the flags at the socket interface.
The
sockets.h says that only MSG_WAITALL and MSG_OOB not implemented. So
would use MSG_MORE. But when I look into the socket.c I couldn't see
any
implementation of a flag. Is it so?
"Since Linux 2.6, this flag is also supported for UDP sockets, and
informs the kernel to package all of the data sent in calls with this
flag set into a single datagram which is only transmitted when a call is
performed that does not specify this flag."

We don't support that at the moment I'm afraid.  The easiest way to get
that behaviour is to batch things together in your app and then make a
single send call.

The first is what I want, and now I know the second is to do to reach this.

Thanks for your answer.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Christian Steffen
--