lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] USB/ethernet adaptator

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] USB/ethernet adaptator
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:31:45 +0200

Nicolas Dioli wrote:
> I have a lwIP with FreeRTOS and i want  to communicate with an adaptator
> USB/RJ45. I have already done USB driver for PPP with USB key 3G (sio.c).
> Now i want to communicate with ethernet.
> What i have to do?
> only : ethernetif.c ?

If the only difference to your old setup is the ethernet driver, than
ethernetif.c should be enough to change (given that it worked correctly before
:).

> Can you just give me where i should start?

There's a skeleton ethernetif.c provided with lwIP. This and its comments are a
good base to start your own driver. If that's not enough, have a look at the
other drivers (there are some in contrib and some are listed in the lwIP wiki -
or on the savannah download page) - however, be aware of changes from old lwIP
versions and don't copy too much from old drivers since that might lead to bugs.

Simon