lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] closesocket problem (lwip_close)

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] closesocket problem (lwip_close)
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:44:07 +0100

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 19:01 +0100, Adam Fullerton wrote:

> Attached is the Wireshark capture from this code. In this case the
> message sent contains a "404 page not found" which is never displayed
> by the browser from lwIP but works fine from Windows and Linux. Does
> anyone know why it is not displayed? The socket is set for non
> blocking IO.

The code looks fine at first glance.  Can you be more explicit about
what you mean by "works fine from Windows and Linux" and what your set
up is?  It sounds like the webserver is running on lwIP.  Where is the
browser (also lwIP?)?  Which bit do you replace with Windows or Linux to
make it work fine.  Have you got a wireshark capture of a case where it
works.

Looking at the capture I'm focussing on the connection that starts in
frame 9.  I see that packets from 192.168.243.12 sometimes (but not
always) have packets marked as checksum failures.  This might be down to
some checksum offload, but seems unlikely in this case.  Worth
investigating.  If the checksums of the FIN packets are bad it would
explain why the browser is still waiting.

> Is it the same reason that the lwIP telet server can't close a
> session?

Not sure.  Have you already mailed about this problem?  I don't remember
seeing it.  If one application is having problems closing it would make
sense for another one to do likewise.

Kieran