lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RAW UDP polling, timeouts, so_options

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RAW UDP polling, timeouts, so_options
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:13:30 +0200

ncoage wrote:
I am writing TFTP server (by modifying Luminary Micro code) and I wonder how to
implement timeouts in UDP connections (RAW API). In TCP we have a tcp_poll
callbacks. Is there something similar in UDP?
No, but you can use sys_timeout/sys_untimeout instead to create a timer (running in the tcpip_thread). Then either your recv callback or the timeout function will be called, and you can stop the timer (sys_untimeout) when the recv callback function is called first.
Looking at udp_pcb, there is a field called so_options. Where can I find the
list of the options with descriptions?
Have a look at the SOF_* defines (or at least I think that's it). But there is no "recv-timeout" implemented with the so_options (I think they are mainly there for SO_REUSEADDR).

Simon