lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip_connect fails

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip_connect fails
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 18:40:28 +0200

Heyu Zhu wrote:
Hi everyone,
I set up a client using lwip-1.3.2 and both sever and client are connect by ethernet. When i call "lwip_connect" the client do send a correct arp-request packet and the sever give a correct arp-reply packet. But after that don't send any packet for a long time ,
then lwip_connect return with an error.
I don't know what shall i do to continue it. What's wrong? Could you give me some advice?
Do you have ARP_QUEUEING enabled? If so, the SYN-packet should be queued in etharp.c and sent out when your device receives the ARP response. You might probably first check if your device receives the ARP response. If ARP_QUEUEING is disabled, the SYN-packet should eventually be retransmitted (by a call to tcp_tmr, which I hope you call at the correct interval).

Simon