lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP malloc fail

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP malloc fail
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 20:01:19 +0100

On 7 Apr 2010, at 18:31, Navcon - Pedro Paulo Santos wrote:

> Using what you said I concluded that the lack of memory may occur because the
> microcontroller doesn't recognize the ACK that comes (and it really comes,
> because I can see it with Wireshark), and because of that, lwIP doesn't free
> segment memory and after some tranfers it doesn't find memory to alloc.
>
> I'm going to look for the reason that it can't recognize the ACK.

The most simple explanation would be that you've used all the available TCP
segments by queueing data to send, and there are none left to process the
received packet, so it gets dropped.  If you set the TCP_SND_QUEUELEN (or
something similar - can't remember the exact name) smaller than the number of
TCP segments then you shouldn't be able to exhaust them by queueing data to
send.

Kieran