lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] bug report

From: robin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] bug report
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:57:30 +0000

<snip>
>> with a limited functionality, e.g. only %s, %u, %c, %d...
<snip>

> Because we haven't got a common standard which printf-formatters are
> really portable and which aren't. And nearly no compiler warns about
> unportable printf-formatters when adding them to the code :-(

Is it practical for non-conforming implementations of printf to be proxied
- so part of the customization process when porting lwIP to your platform
would be to review a list of in-use format specifiers and then implement a
proxy which maps those to whatever your platform needs before calling your
own printf function.

Obviously this would require that your compiler supports varargs
processing and that you have a va_printf sort of function.

Just a suggestion.

Best wishes,

Robin Iddon