lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn_connect() non-blocking?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn_connect() non-blocking?
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:55:11 +0000

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 13:15 +0100, Fabian Koch wrote:

> address@hidden wrote on
> 16.02.2010 11:43:38:
> > My idea would be to use CVS HEAD, as I have implemented non-blocking
> > connect last week. But be warned that there have been *many* changes
> > since 1.3.2 and just updating the sources won't work, you'd have to
> > update your port, too.
>
> Not an option. We will release this in summer. I can't afford to use
> some CVS testing version full of new features and AP breaks I don't
> use.
> I am behind a very paranoid proxy/Firewall and can't use CVS in here.
> Can you maybe try to roughly diff what I need to change from
> 1.3.2-stable to get non-blocking connect?

Can't easily do that for you in the few minutes I have available, but
this might help.  Browsing through the Changelog here:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/lwip/CHANGELOG?root=lwip&view=log
shows the dates of checkins that relate to connect and non-blocking
support.

I can then go to the lwip-commits mailing list to see details for the
corresponding changes:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-commits/2010-01/msg00116.html
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-commits/2010-02/msg00075.html

Those two pages link to details that should supply the diffs.  Note that
these diffs won't be relative to 1.3.2, they will be relative to
whatever state the tree was in at the time, so there may be other
changes you need to get those diffs to apply cleanly, and there may be
other changes that Simon made that are necessary to support non-blocking
connect.  Hopefully though the above is a good start and anything else
should be easy to find in the same way.

Kieran