lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Fwd: Lwip and SNMP support

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Fwd: Lwip and SNMP support
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:42:05 +0100

Yigal Hochberg wrote:
I will be happy to help with a better snmp-agent in lwip.
Great to hear that! What would you make better?
At the same time, we offer a more complete, comprehensive solution
to customers who use any ipstack and prefer to use our solution,
typically for snmpv2c, snmpv3 and mib-extension.
I understand the need for v2c and v3 - BTW, we have private MIBs, too, however, a MIB compiler is yet missing.
We already have a working SNMPv3 with  Lwip on w32 platform
OK, so why do you need us to change the stack if it already works?
A longer future idea is to integrate net-snmp agent to lwip.
Personally, I think that the net-snmp agent does not well suit the "lightweight" idea behind lwIP. However, I only had a short look on it some years ago when we decided against it...

Simon