lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PBUFS + LWIP 1.3.0 + memory allocation

From: Martin Persich
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PBUFS + LWIP 1.3.0 + memory allocation
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:45:10 +0100

Hi,
I am not using PPP in my project and I haven't any experience with it, I am sorry. I use only standard Ethernet with Atmel's "macb.c" driver. I made some necessary changes in this original driver because the original driver doesn't allow restart of negotiation process after cable reconnection to ethernet switch port with another speed or settings. Development of this "macb.c" is not finished by Atmel's developers ..., I hope.
Martin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sirjee Rooplall" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 12:42 PM

Hi Martin,

Thanks, for that insight.

At this moement however, that does not affect me as I am using PPP through
modem + LWIP.
Are there any grey areas here that I should be cautioned to?

Kind Regards, Sirjee Rooplall Figment Design laboratories (Pty) Ltd mailto:
address@hidden Mobile: +27 (0)83 230 8466
----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Persich" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 1:14 PM

Hi,
I am using LwIP on AVR32 UC3 too. I am recommending you to upgrade to
1.3.2. There are a lot of changes and corrected bugs.
Official porting files for UC3 from Atmel don't existis in this moment, I
think. I made necessary changes in "sys_arch.c" myself, it is very easy.
I'd like refer you to serious problem that still exists in last version (V
1.6.1) of Atmel's "Software framework" in file "ethernetif.c" - please see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2009-12/msg00043.html

Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:44 AM

Hi, what were the problems, that warrant me to move to 1.3.2

I am using the AVR32 UC3 port of LWIP 1.3.0 which was done by ATMEL.

I just cannot move to 1.3.2 because I am not sure whats involved to
produce
a new port for the AVR32 UC3 device.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:35 AM

Sirjee Rooplall schrieb:
I am using lwip 1.3.0. I am new to LWIP, ...

Hi,

there have been some problems with 1.3.0. Since you are new why don't you
start with 1.3.2?

I know this doesn't answer your question, but maybe it spares you some
trouble :-)

Gustl