lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DHCP + LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME =1 for IP retrieving

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DHCP + LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME =1 for IP retrieving
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:29:14 +0100

Simon St-Pierre wrote:
To all newbies like me, this is what I have done:

- Download http://nongnu.askapache.com/lwip/contrib-1.3.0.zip

- Add the netbios.c and netbios.h

- In netbios.c define NETBIOS_LWIP_NAME to the name you want to ping.

- In your code, after prvlwIPInit(); and the statup of dhcp, Call netbios_init();

Actually, "prvlwIPInit()" is not an lwIP function but rather a function of your port.
Also, if using threading, don't call netbios_init from an application or the initialization thread but make sure you call it from the callback function passed to tcpip_init() or using tcpip_callback() or you will riks threading problems.

Simon