lwip-users

Re: AW: AW: [lwip-users] WG: select timeout

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: AW: AW: [lwip-users] WG: select timeout
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 10:42:10 +0000

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 15:12 +0100, Mathias Zenger wrote:
> Kieran: Sorry for the CC I sent to your direct address.
>
> As discussed I contacted the ATMEL technical support and placed my question
> in the AVRFreaks forum (no replies so far).
>
> Meanwhile I was debugging my project (more and more desperate).
> Unfortunately I never managed to activate the debug outputs for this port.
> That's why I am kind of blind. However, I saw that the allocation of the
> timeout structure in sys_timeout(u32_t msecs, sys_timeout_handler h, void
> *arg) seemes to fail.

That sounds like a problem.  I think the number of these structures is
configurable.

To update to 1.3.2 you would probably need the ATMEL port to also be
updated, so it would be worth encouraging them to update as it should be
quite straightforward.  Simon has made some changes after 1.3.2 to
reduce the per-thread state, but you wouldn't get those by updating to
1.3.2 and I wouldn't recommend going for CVS head at the moment if you
want stability as there are a lot of changes.

Kieran