lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.2.0 + freeRTOS

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.2.0 + freeRTOS
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:36:44 +0000

Sirjee Rooplall wrote:
> I use ATMEL UC3 software framework + ppp on UC3A0512 device with
> external SDRAM as heap.
>
> Whenever it crashes, i.e no other task seem to be running, I have an LED
> task that flashes the LEDS which stops.
>
> If I stop the AVR32Studio debugger, I see that it always stops at
> QueueReceive, and tracing back, sys_arch_mbox_fetch last called, and it
> fails in the function: in the line pointed out below
>
> The other way I can simulate this promlem is that I establish a
> connection, then I remove the antenna, hence no physical connection to
> the server, and I trigger a new connection using external trigger which
> will try and do a netconn_connect.
> netconn_connect then blocks for about 20 seconds or so, and returns with
> ERR_ARBT(-3), I then retry another netconn_connect and same timeout and
> same error, now when I connect the antenna back again and establish my
> physical layer connection and then I try to establish a TCP connection
> using netconn_connect again, it fails in the same way as descibed above.
>
> static void prvCopyDataFromQueue( xQUEUE * const pxQueue, const void
> *pvBuffer )
> {
> if( pxQueue->uxQueueType != queueQUEUE_IS_MUTEX )
> {
>  pxQueue->pcReadFrom += pxQueue->uxItemSize;
>  if( pxQueue->pcReadFrom >= pxQueue->pcTail )
>  {
>   pxQueue->pcReadFrom = pxQueue->pcHead; // ***** FAILS HERE ****
>  }
>  memcpy( ( void * ) pvBuffer, ( void * ) pxQueue->pcReadFrom, ( unsigned
> ) pxQueue->uxItemSize );
> }
> }

I think I did request this information when you first said it crashed in
that function....

I would guess you have a simple data corruption.  Has something written
over the queue data structure?  Is pxQueue valid?

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.