lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] http server and pbuf overflow

From: Bob Brusa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] http server and pbuf overflow
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:42:40 +0100

Am 18.01.2010, 12:11 Uhr, schrieb Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer <address@hidden>:

Hi,

I'm using lwip 1.3.0 and sometimes I have a pbuf overflow.

I'm not sure I understand the pbuf concept. I have some data transfers that exceed 1 tcp packet.

Every time http_recv is called I check if this is the 1st packet. If it is I set a pointer to this pbuf and do not free this pbuf. If it is not the 1st packet I store the data and free this pbuf.

Then I check if this is the last packet. If it is I process all data and then free the pbuf of the 1st packet.

When there is an tcp_err during a transfer I do free the 1st packet to.

Is there anything wrong with this?

TIA

Gustl

Gustl, what if you miss these last buffers sometimes? I would change the logic: If you get a first buffer check if you have some old stuff around and clean up.
Regards Bob