lwip-users

[lwip-users] Socket read/write and threads

From: Nicolas Pinault
Subject: [lwip-users] Socket read/write and threads
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 16:45:45 +0100

Hi all,

I have an application using lwip 1.3.2 and µC/OS-II as an OS.
I have written a lwip port for my MAC and a lwip port for µC/OS-II.
I have a very small WEB server not using sockets.
I use sockets for other things.
Ping is ok.
Things are ok till now.

Now, I want to add a communication channel with a PC by using sockets.
I have a thread in charge of socket creation (create, accept...) and data RX with a socket. I have another lower priority thread in charge of data TX with the same socket than RX.
Sometimes, send() locks for minutes.
After minutes, send() unlocks and things run correctly again.
While send() is locked, ping works correctly, WEB server works correctly, other sockets work correctly.

Is this a threading problem ?

Regards,
Nicolas