lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Setting source port number for UDP send

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Setting source port number for UDP send
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:11:02 +0100

Good evening, Simon!

Thank you for your hint! I changed it the way David mentioned, using another netconn_bind before sending the first block over the connection ... and it works. I was a little bit confused about the netconn_bind, because i use this after first init of the connection to get a listener on this port ... not thinking that using it a *second* time will set the source port. But great ... and i'm for sure not thinking about using any other stack :o))

A good night to all,

Marco

address@hidden schrieb:
BIG FAT WARNING!
This is *totally* unsupported! Doing this, you risk:
a) threading issues: the raw API structs and functions may only be used from tcpip_thread, while you are changing a raw API struct from your application thread (the udp pcb).
b) The members of both struct netconn as well as struct udp_pcb are *not* part of the public API, meaning they are bound to change without you noticing (and without us announcing it). You can access them, I know, but that doesn't mean you should use them like that.

Once you leave lwIP and work with another stack (although that will never be the case, I hope *g*), you face the same problem again. Therefore, you can just do it right now and use bind() (whether it be lwip_bind() for sockets, netconn_bind() for netconns or udp_bind() for raw API udp pcbs). David suggested the correct functions, so no need to mess around in lwIP internal structs.