lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with do_writemore() + LWIP for AVR32

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with do_writemore() + LWIP for AVR32
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:28:51 +0100

pragnesh patel wrote:
> There is only one connection. As I understand, the crash inside
> tcp_enqueue() may be because of two threads (one from incoming request through
> tcp_in.c) and other outgoing request) and needs protection. But as newcomer to
> lwip world, I don't know where to protect.

Take a look at the win32 example port: when calling netif_add, you have to pass
tcpip_input as the input function. This makes sure that rx packets are
processed in the correct thread context. Also, you may *not* use the raw API
from an application thread (may only be used inside the tcpip_thread).

Simon