lwip-users

[lwip-users] Reducing DHCP RAM usage

From: JM
Subject: [lwip-users] Reducing DHCP RAM usage
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 04:25:15 -0800 (PST)

I'm sort of nitpicking here, seeing as how I had to increase MEM_SIZE not much beyond what I originally had it set to, but in my application RAM is very valuable.  It would be nice to dynamically allocate RAM for DHCP, then release it since it's only required momentarily (I'm assuming, not sure).  Anyway, is there an easy way to reduce the amount of RAM DHCP requires?  I just want the basic stuff: IP, GW, NM, DNS, don't care about lease time....I'm not sure what else is provided, but I likely don't require it.  I'm using 1.3.0, although I should swap in 1.3.2 when it's released.