lwip-users

[lwip-users] Basic LISTEN question

From: Zahir Lalani
Subject: [lwip-users] Basic LISTEN question
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:36:43 -0000

Hi

Apologies if this is a silly question, but I am not sure from the docs about the listen process. I have had problems getting http server to work, so I am testing with a simple echo server. The sample code I picked from a site confused me.

When we listen on a port, and we get a connection and deal with it, is the listen still active, or do I have to re-issue the listen. The sample echo server had this in its main loop:

      while (1){

            ptel_pcb = tcp_listen(ptel_pcb);

            tcp_accept(ptel_pcb, echo_accept);

      }

Is this correct? I would normally expect to issue the listen on a port only one

Zahir Lalani
SystemZ
07956 455168