lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 1.3.2-rc1 released

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 1.3.2-rc1 released
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:45:04 +0100

What's the time plan on 1.3.2 final? There haven't been any serious bug reports since then, I think. On the other hand, I'm not sure how well it has really been tested as we didn't have a news item or a ZIP to download...

Simon

Kieran Mansley wrote:
I've just made a release of lwIP-1.3.2-rc1 by tagging the CVS tree with
the STABLE-1_3_2-RC1 tag, and uploading zip snapshots to savannah.

It soon became clear after making the final release of 1.3.1 that a lot
of people had delayed upgrading (and so testing) until the final release
was made.  We therefore quickly discovered and fixed some important
bugs, and it was decided to make a 1.3.2 release to include these fixes.

The set of changes from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 is much smaller than with
previous releases, and entirely bug fixes rather than any new features.
It should therefore be a very easy and safe upgrade.  The fixes made
vary in severity, but there are some pretty important ones, so I would
encourage everyone to make this step as soon as possible.  I don't
anticipate many changes between 1.3.2-rc1 and the final release, so
please test this release candidate rather than waiting.

I also don't expect there to be another "bug fix" release in the near
future: the next one will be 1.4.0 with all the new features and API
changes that are planned.  It's therefore doubly important that
1.3.2-rc1 gets thoroughly tested so that we can rely on 1.3.2 being
stable as it will be around for a while.

Thanks

Kieran