lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users]send/receive urgent tcp-data

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users]send/receive urgent tcp-data
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:16:50 +0100

Bob Brusa wrote:
Hi
I have written a tiny lwip-based server-ap that sends and receives tcp packages.

When receiving data - how can I find out if this are normal or urgent data? (or OOB=out of band data, as MS calls them).
Similarely: How can I send a tcp-package with the urg-flag set?
Thanks and best regards Robert
Unfortunately, lwIP currently does not process the urgent flag. The flag is present in the TCP header, but as there is no way to access the header in your recv callback, there's no way to get the TCP flags from that header.

Tx side is similar: lwIP creates the TCP header itself (cannot be directly influenced by the application) and there's currently no way to create a segment with the urgent flag.

Simon