lwip-users

Re: SV: [lwip-users] TCP payload is doubled

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: SV: [lwip-users] TCP payload is doubled
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:23:05 +0200

David Shmelzer wrote:
I'm still confused as to why the the window size is decreasing in the
first place in 1.3.1 and not in 1.3.0. Isn't that causing the silly
window syndrome? The lwIP server is processing the packets immediately
via the callback API so the window should not be decreasing.
That seems like a bug in the silly window avoidance mechanism: at the time your application calls tcp_recved() to release the windows space of the newly received data, the stack doesn't know it hasn't sent out the decreased window yet. You're right that it shouldn't shrink the window in this case.

I assume you did call tcp_recved() inside your tcp-rcv-callback() and not after that callback has returned, of course.

I filed a bug on savannah, please feel free to add further information there.

Simon