lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] sys_arch_mbox_fetch

From: Fabian Koch
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] sys_arch_mbox_fetch
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:37:13 +0200

address@hidden wrote on 15.10.2009 16:30:58:

> Your conservative approach is the right thing to do since basically,
> what you are trying to do is not supported! Calling netconn_close()
> while the connection waits in netconn_accept() means you are using one
> netconn from two different threads, which is not supported.

I have one Taks per netconn and I have an EventTask that relays commands to these socket Tasks.
When my main application tells all subsystems to shut down and free their resources, the eventTask sends command_close to all socket Tasks.
This works good for all Tasks except the ones waiting in netconn_accept() because the tasks won't execute the close command.
So I took the close command out of the socketTasks and close them directly from the eventTask.

So yes, I access one netconn from two different task - only in this specific event.

I'd be glad if you could give me any ideas on how to achieve this behaviour in another way (and not setting recv_timeo and polling accept!)

regards,
Fabian