lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] transmit data using udp in raw mode

From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] transmit data using udp in raw mode
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:03:04 -0400

Have you stepped through netif/etharp.c to make sure it is doing its thing?
The very first thing you should see going out the wire is a "gratuitous arp" via etharp.c. When you checked that netif->linkoutput() was being called, who was calling it? It should be etharp first. Set wireshark to look at all arp messages, NOT filtered by your mac address, in case that is stuffed up.

dik

Am 9/18/2009 2:07 PM, also sprach bobbyb:
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I did exactly what you said
- traced from netif->linkout() as far as i could (that is, to the point
where the command to send the packet is written to the appropriate register
and the hardware takes over). It seems to work fine, no errors or strange
statuses.  Any idea what else it could be? Again, thank you for all your
effort.