lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PING request not answered

From: Rick Culver
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PING request not answered
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 08:40:29 -0500

Alex,
I think what Mike meant was to change the IP address of your uC to the same subnet group as your PC. For example your PC is apparently set to 172.27.37.70 so trying setting the IP of your uC to 172.27.37.75 or similar. You should then be able to ping the uC either through a switch or with a crossover cable.
Rick

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexandre Malo" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 8:04 AM

I tried to put three gateway on the uC (which doesnt reply)

     127.0.0.1
and None. ( I tought none would put a good default address...)
and the uC own ip address
and 255.255.255.255 (Broadcast)

I tried the following mask on the uC

       255.255.255.0
and  255.255.255.255

Of course if I put my comp and the uC in the same subnet, the ping work...

Alex

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Kleshov" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 1:15 AM

2009/8/28 Alexandre Malo <address@hidden>:
> My pc must use the following ip addresses:
> ip = 172.27.37.70
> mask = 255.255.224.0
>
> My uC (MCF5282) must use the following ip addresses:
> ip = 192.3.1.254
> mask = 225.225.224.0

So they are on different IP subnets? Then the packets must be routed
through a gateway. In your explanation, a gateway is never mentioned.
Choose your IP addresses from the same subnet to remove this
complication. Once you get it working, you can try different subnets.