lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] TCP not sending initial ACK

From: JM
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] TCP not sending initial ACK
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:35:15 -0700 (PDT)

Enable debugging to see what is going on.  If you look at one of the Stellaris sample projects using lwIP, they are using uartstdio.c and ustdlib.c to feed debug text to the micro's UART.  Also add this to your lwipopts.h:

#define U8_F "c"
#define S8_F "c"
#define X8_F "x"
#define U16_F "u"
#define S16_F "d"
#define X16_F "x"
#define U32_F "u"
#define S32_F "d"
#define X32_F "x"
#define LWIP_PLATFORM_DIAG(x) {UARTprintf x;}

And add this somewhere to enable buffering, I put it in uartstdio.c because I'm lazy:
#define UART_BUFFERED

Set UART_TX_BUFFER_SIZE to something reasonable.  Note also that they made a mistake in uartsdio.c by setting both Rx and Tx b buffers to UART_TX_BUFFER_SIZE (or vice versa).

Be sure to define LWIP_DEBUG and any of the debug sections you want.  I recommend starting with maybe TCP_INPUT_DEBUG, TCP_DEBUG, TCP_OUTPUT_DEBUG.

Start up Hyperterminal in Windows and set it to 115.2K, 8N1, and set to the virtual COM the LMI driver placed there.  For me, it's COM4.  It's great for troubleshooting; I just wish I would have known about it earlier.