lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DNS question

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DNS question
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:14:34 +0100

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 08:31 -0500, Chuck Kuecker wrote:

> I have a need to know if a DNS resolution was successful. I have not
> found any means by which I can tell if a callback function from
> dns_gethostbyname() has been called by timeout, success, or failure.

You know if the dns resolution has completed because either:
 - dns_gethostbyname() returns ERR_OK; or
 - the callback function given to dns_gethostbyname() is called.

It sounds like you want to know after calling dns_gethostbyname()
whether or not the callback has been called yet.  The way to solve this
would be to modify some state from the callback and you can then use
that state to tell if the callback has been called.

Kieran