lwip-users

[lwip-users] Gratuitous ARP could block udp packets sending ?

From: the_gadfly
Subject: [lwip-users] Gratuitous ARP could block udp packets sending ?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 07:41:17 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Group :

I found a strange problem about gratuitous arp .With the same code, my
udp-client send udp packets successfully sometimes ,but ,it would  send
failed sometimes.
After i check the Ethereal ,i found when it send successfully ,the udp
packets always be sent before the PC's three gratuitous arps .And,when it
send failed ,i found that the udp packets always be sent after PC's
gratuitous arps.
That is ,if my udp packets be sent before the gratuitous arps,it will be ok.
           If my udp packets be sent after   the gratuitous arps,it will be
wrong .
could you tell me that's why ?

ps: kieran ,simon ,i think i have to use the old version lwip 0.7.1 .because
it's diffcult to me to port 1.3.0    to nios .I think it will be ok with
0.7.0 ,couse udp_echo runs ok in my board .
Best Regard
the_gadfly