lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Setting my hostname on a LAN controlled by Windows2003

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Setting my hostname on a LAN controlled by Windows2003 Server
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:47:57 +0200

For netbios, you don't really have to search the list: there is code in the contrib module (also available in the download section). You just have to define the device's name as NETBIOS_LWIP_NAME and call netbios_init() after the stack is initialized. The udp raw api is used to answer to request packets asking for the name defined by NETBIOS_LWIP_NAME.

Simon

bonny gijzen wrote:
Yes, you must implement netbios name resolving.
Do a search in this list, some people have posted code snippets how to do this. Regards Bonny Gijzen,