lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RE: run aplication?

From: David Empson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RE: run aplication?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:43:14 +1200

----- Original Message ----- "Pavel Daniel Lopez Castillo" <address@hidden> wrote:
I do not understand this
"open contrib/ports/win32/msvc6/test.dsw or ../msvc8/lwIP_Test.sln and run it
(after adding the missing config file lwipcfg_msvc.h from _example). "

How I can run contrib/ports/win32/msvc6/test.dsw or ../msvc8/lwIP_Test.sln if not a file .exe????
Please explicate in detail

The .dsw or .sln files are workspace files for different versions of Microsoft Visual Studio (6 and 8 respectively, as indicated in the directory name).

You need a compatible version of Visual Studio installed, get it load that file using the appropriate command, and use the resulting workspace to build the application. I expect Simon's reference to the missing configuration file means you will have to copy in an additional file to the right place before you will be able to build the project.

In Visual Studio 6, I would use "File > Open Workspace" to open the .dsw file, then try to build it and find out what is broken or missing. I haven't used later versions of MS Visual Studio, so don't know exactly how to use the .sln file, but I assume the process is similar.

Later versions of Visual Studio should load the files from earlier versions, but you might need to adjust some details of the workspace or project settings before being able to build the application.