lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip on linux(ubuntu 8.04)

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip on linux(ubuntu 8.04)
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 08:54:36 +0200

> While trying to compare the ports (provided in contrib) for unix and
> win32, i found that the following files were not present in unix port:
> lwippools.h

This file is only needed if mem_malloc uses the memp pools, which is not the
case for the unix port. The win32 port can be set to that option, thus it needs
the file.

> pktdrv.c
> pktdrv.h
> pktif.c
> pktif.h

The win32 port uses the pcap library (known from wireshark, for example), while
the unix port uses some other mechanism to get on the wire (I think tapif or
something). Indeed, pktif.c is ethernetif.c adapted to the pcap library, while
pktdrv.c contains the actual code to interface the pcap library (used by
pktif.c).

> test.c

This is the entry file (containing the main() function and some
initialization). The unix port has a similar file (though named differently)
which does about the same.

> What all modifications should i make so that i have something similar for
> unix port or are these defined  under some other name.?

The unix port should already work like it is, you don't need to adapt anything,
you only might have configure something to get it working. Unfortunately, I
cannot help you there: I tried the unix port myself one time and found getting
the network interface to work quite hard (compared to the windows port which
kind of just works after installing pcap and configuring the MAC/IP addresses
in the header file).

> Also, is there any test.c file available for unix port similar to the one
> in win32?

As I said above, this is the main entry file which the unix port also has
(under a different name).

Simon
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*