lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How much heap does LWIP need?

From: Mike Kleshov
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How much heap does LWIP need?
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:58:27 +0300

If I remember correctly, lwip uses a lot of fixed-size memory pools
for dynamic memory allocation. It definitely does this for incoming
packets. If I'm not mistaken, it can even be configured to use a
memory pool based implementation of mem_malloc(). So I think that you
simply are not noticing any use of dynamic memory because you are not
looking in the right places. Try enabling LWIP_STATS and see what it
shows.

Regards,
- mike