lwip-users

[lwip-users] How much heap does LWIP need?

From: Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Subject: [lwip-users] How much heap does LWIP need?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:40:28 +0100

Hi,

it seems as if LWIP disturbs my program when large http packets are transfered. So my first idea was maybe a stack or heap overflow. I have 1024 bytes stack and 8192 bytes of heap.

Without http about 50% of stack are used. A http connection increases this to about 75%. So all fine here.

Heap is used by lwip only. After power up only 2 bytes are used. Sometimes this can go up to 40 bytes. Why not more?!? I thought all dynamic memory is allocated heap.

Looking forward to your comments.

TIA

Gustl